Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Disaster surrounds me. Exhibits A and B:

Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

A: My beloved white cashmere lace scarf, a gift three winters ago, worn almost daily since. No similar object has been spotted for sale since its receipt, and I really don't feel like knitting a replacement that will only be snagged and ruined also. I will sew up the tear, do something with the hanging thread, and probably cry a little. I do not feel that this is a small tragedy.

B: One of my dresser drawers, not at all beloved but it is sort of important to me that I keep using the dresser for another couple of years, until I can afford to buy myself a real bedroom suite. I have acquired wood glue, hoping that it will help, but it isn't looking good. Why did the metal fastener let go? Why?

No comments: