Friday, January 06, 2006

The twelfth day of Christmas ends tonight--so saith Pepys.

And Lara is all knitted up. Here she is, spread-eagled, waiting to be seamed:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

One wonders if she will fit. One really wonders. She looks quite suspicious, right now, but there's nothing to do but sew her up and try her on. If she doesn't fit, she'll just be given to a smaller person, and that's all there is to it. No sense crying over spilt alpaca.

Very nearly to the heel of the second sock for my mother. I have lost the yarn tag, but it is German yarn, and one of those cotton/wool/nylon blends. I'll photograph the socks when they're finished of course.

I also bought sock yarn, today, continuing an extremely naughty trend of ignoring all my New Year's Resolutions. I was pointed to http://www.claudiasblog.net/ , which has just posted the most delicious sock confections I've seen in a long time--neapolitan-striped socks. I must have. The same stripey pattern also came in pink-green-brown-white, which I had to have, and then there are the famous slow single-ply gradations that Trekking XXL is known for, so I had to have a ball of that too--in pink and green. So, pfffffft. At least the-knitter.com doesn't charge shipping, hip hip hooray. I think I will make Jaywalker socks with at least one of them.

No comments: