Thursday, December 15, 2005

I have begun to knit myself a Weasley sweater. I am using Tahki/Stacy Charles Donegal Tweed. It is not nice yarn, at all, in my opinion: it is rough and stiff and not at all elastic, and the colors of the tweed flecks just scream "IT'S THE 80's!" I mean, bright red yarn with navy blue, teal, and yellow flecks? Uuggghhh. Rowan Felted Tweed was used for the sweaters in the first movie, and there is no doubt in my mind that it is what I should have used. But, I am now seven inches into the front of the sweater, not to mention the $80 of yarn, so I may as well push ahead. I am planning to do the Heraldic Lion on the front, for Weasley aficionados... and I cannot take pictures, though I have my camera with me, I have not the software for my new laptop, nor the cable, and thus is there ever a chasm betwixt them.

No comments: