Sunday, December 25, 2005

I got three knitting books for Christmas, and I am passionately in love with them all. I even ordered a bunch of solid-color sock yarn, in their honor.

Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush: what is there not to love about this book? More sock and heel variations than you can shake a stick at, gorgeous allover patterns appropriate for socks, and to top it all off the book is spiral bound, so you can leave it open while you work.

Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch : another really great sock book, one I didn't ask for but Amazon gave a two-fer discount on the Nancy Bush book, apparently. Has libraries of ribbing patterns for three, four, five, six, eight etc. stitches wide. Many of them are absolutely gorgeous. Sooooo excited to try some out.

A Gathering of Lace by Meg Swansen: the Frost Flowers and Leaves shawl is the first lace shawl I have seen that I would actually consider knitting. 'Nuff said.

No comments: