Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Kool-Aid Experiment

With Spring come two of my atavistic urges.
1. Buy as many plants as possible (and kill them)
2. Dye stuff

Image hosting by Photobucket

Here is this year's crop of dyed stuff, so far. Two hanks of KnitPicks sock yarn. On the left, 1/4 Lemon-Lime, 1/4 Pink Lemonade, and 1/2 Cherry with one packet of Black Cherry for depth. On the right, 1/2 Cherry and 1/2 Tropical Punch, tied in the center to leave white spots.

I am really impressed by the depth of reds and greens. The pink lemonade, as you may be able to tell, produces rather a sickly shade of pink.

2 comments:

Erin said...

What's your experience been with Knitpicks dye-your-own sock yarn? I just ordered some, and I have 20 packets of kool-aid in the car! I love dying, and I love bright colors.

Anonymous said...

Buying and killing plants is one of my fortes.